Sunday, June 17, 2012

Toya Delazy Due Drop

I don't know about you but I love Toya Delazy. She is one talented soul and her music is a breath of fresh air.

Yes, I am sure that sounds like a cliche, but that is exactly how I feel about it.The very first time I listened to her song, I was hooked, I just sat there and listened, because honestly I just had to hear who she was. That time, I had no clue who she was, or whether she was even South African. It was that very day, that she blew me away!

Her first studio album called Due South has dropped, and let me just say, that if you do not have it, you really should get it. Let me just say, that every song is worth listening to in the album, which makes it a great investment. Every song will say something to you, so if you listen good, you will take something from it.

I have to say that in South Africa, where most people are focused on kwaito, gospel and hip hop, it was nice to see someone breaking away from that. I am in no way dissing anything, I am just saying that it was nice to see someone not try to fit into something popular, that most people are doing.  She did her own thing, and I am so glad because she is so good at it.

Her style is so unique, you will fall in love with it. Want a snippet of the album, here is the track list:

Intro (with you)
Are You Gonna Stay?
Heart
Yeah Yeah Yeah (With You)
Love Is In The Air
Memoriam
Pump It On
Love Takes Time
It’s All Good
Jai Lover
Say It Out

Go get it, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment